Height: 180 cm/ around 6 feet (without horns)
Birthday: January 1rst | 32 years old
Home Island: Rapture Retreat
- First of all, Chime does not feel entitled to have an opinion of his own, and unless in a critical situation, he will probably keep most of his ideas to himself. You could almost say he`s submissive and would rather watch someone make a bad decision than speak up to correct his mistake. If given a task, Chime will most likely gladly complete, you don`t even have to be all that nice to him and he`ll still follow your orders. After all, it is only up to you how you lead your life, unless of course he finds you "corrupted", in that case he will try to interfere with whatever plans you might have.
- Chime does not have a problem with being social, but he is terrified of getting closer with other people and will act very nervous around anyone who tries getting to know him better. Probably because he prefers to keep his life a mystery and act more like a helpful ghostly vision than a possible friend. He`s afraid that if someone learns too much about him, that person will sooner or later use this against him and stab him in the back, or maybe even worse, start perceiving him like a human-being. This those not mean that Chime likes being lonely, he secretly wishes to make friends and will cherish the relationship with anyone who gets to that rank.
- If you do get him to open up like that, the guy will turn very trusty and protective towards you, as like all sigilyph, Chime can turn very territorial. But he rarely gets that way, and most of the time keeps a healthy distance between him and other people. He may also get a bit sharp-tongued when someone begins talking about his business and tries to defend his skills the best he can.
- Chime can also get easily obsessed over things, be it a random fad, collections or oddly enough other people. And arceus help you if he finds you "corrupted", he will stalk you everywhere, barge into your home without an invite and try to give you help that you probably don`t even need. If he finds you interesting, he will follow you around and take quick notes into his little notepad about your behavior and actions. He is a little headstrong when it comes to fixing things. He will stick his nose into matters that that are personal and will try hard to sort them out.
- Chime has always been... very secretive about his personal life.
He was born to parents who were not exactly prepared for a child as they were constantly traveling around the world in a caravan, selling medical herbs and voodoo dolls. His mother, a mandibuzz, home-schooled her son for the most of his earlier years. However, that didn`t make him any less smarter than all the other kids his age. If anything, he was ahead of them.
His parents did eventually settle down in a tiny town located near Castelia city when he reached fifteen years old. It was a very friendly community, thanks to its small number of residents. The boy fitted right in, he started to attend normal school and even found himself a nice circle of friends. His mother was very attached to him, she couldn`t imagine spending a single day without seeing he was well. And that`s how he ended up spending his early adulthood in his mother`s arms. She even urged him to get a job that would be in one place, a permanent job he could depend on - unlike what she used to do with his father. But Chime was so used to traveling, he decided to leave the place in the same old rusted caravan his family came in. For years he went from town to town, selling the same herbs his mother used to pick. He was naive and inexperienced, he thought the whole world was exactly the same like the old town briefly lived in. It was hard for him to believe that there could be people who weren`t good, people who hurt others... He was determined anyone could become "good" if you helped them in the right ways. And that was why he divided everyone he met into three categories: Pure good, corrupted good and those who were evil and couldn`t be helped, but he never used that category.
He began a mission to save those who were corrupted, but he wasn`t sure where to start. What exactly was making people act mean? What was the source of evil?
Having the handy move "Dream Eater", he used it to look into others` hopes, goals and obviously, dreams. And then it hit him... maybe if he got rid of the evil parts of one`s mind...
A couple of years later, he found himself selling Dreamcatchers in the streets and exorcising evil spirits. Dreams, it was all about that moment when your brain turned frail and unfocused, away in a deep slumber, unable to protect yourself... that had to be when evil attacked the mind! Dreamcatchers kept those moments of weakness away. And if the person was already corrupted, it was time for Chime to step in and eat away the evil with his "Dream Eater" move.
Chime became so obsessed with his theory, with the thought that he was some kind of savior, that he turned paranoid someone might try to stop him. He rarely slept as he was terrified his own mind would become poisoned with evil. And eating all those dreams wasn`t healthy eighter. His face turned pale, his smile cracked and he grew thin and frail. He forgot who he was and who he was aiming to be. He placed a mask on his face, in fear someone might recognize he was once a human being with feelings. He couldn`t allow that, humans were weak and easily turned evil.
It went on like this for some time, before he met a certain Chingling girl going by the name Bell on his travels. She was a young lad full of energy and ready to learn something new. She found the sigilyph mysterious and interesting and started following him around. At first he was annoyed by her presence, but slowly he grew fond of her and even began teaching her about his beliefs. Soon, the two were running his small dreamcatcher business together.
She was worried about the way he treated himself and knew if she didn`t step in and do something, his lifestyle would completely destroy him. But no matter how much she tried, he just nodded and ignored her.
One day, they met a lone houndour in the streets of a crowded city. It seemed confused and angry so they took it in for a couple of days. And just like he would do with any other patient, he looked into the pokemon`s dream in an attempt to help it. He was horrified with what he found, the pup that was staying with them was filled with darkness. It was only then when he noticed the yellowish toxic oozing out of his mouth and its mean little eyes. That was the first time they identified someone as pure evil. But that didn`t stop Chime from giving the houndour an important role. He taught it how to eat away dreams instead of him, since it was already doomed and unlike him, the houndour didn`t mind the extra evil it sucked in and only seemed happier about it.
With a new member in their business, Chime decided to settle somewhere down and open up a small store. But they needed some nice and friendly isolated place. A place where he could easily point out those who needed his help. A certain island caught his eye...
Job: Business Owner
Shop Name: The Light in your Nightmare
Stock Type: Dreamcatchers, bells, herbs, rare stones and other silly accessories that might protect you from bad dreams
Dog`s Race: Houndour (female)
Dog`s name: She-devil (often called Shedie, Dev or Devin)
Shedie is a fierce pup with a strong jaw for expressing opinions. She barks and snaps and almost anyone in sight and it`s not easy to get her off once she closes her mouth around something. However, she is very loyal towards Chime and turns incredibly protective when someone gets near him. She wears a collar given to her by Chime`s partner in business.
- Miracle Eye
- A move for which Chime needs to remove his mask. It`s his main strategy when attacking the dark spirits causing nightmare. One of the reasons why he is so protective of his eyes and would rather walk around blind then use them properly.
- When the client has trouble falling asleep or is reluctant to his services, Chime releases a pulse of energy as last resort.
- Dream Eater
- Self-explanatory, the whole reason his business is based on. Nowadays he rarely uses this move.
- - He is pretty good at sewing and creating keychains
- He can use his psychic powers instead of hands (also to slightly float above the ground)
- He can stay awake for long periods of time
- - His name is not actually "Chime", Bell just calls him that because of the noise he makes each time he moves (there`s usually a bunch of stuff hidden under his cloak which cling against each other - not in the picture).
- His chin and elbows are almost purple.
- When he uses the move Miracle eye, he takes off his mask.
- Chime cannot see anything over his mask, but this does not bother him, as he uses his psychic abilities to detect most object (he prefers floating above ground instead of walking, it`s less likely he`ll bump into something that way.
- His ears, while not visible due to the large amount of hair, are actually a bit pointy
- Chime love high heels but can hardly walk in them, hence why floating is once again the better option
- He sometimes randomly wanders around places
- Has a quiet and dragged out speech - horrible at explaining stuff, usually starts at the very basics of everything
- He hardly sleeps as can`t tell if night or day and is afraid of dreaming
- He eats a lot when someone offers him food
Oh, he seems really cool!
I loooove the picture, such great colours Your style is really neat!
FFFFF I didn't comment
Love this character <3 Would love an RP with him sometime o3o <3
Love this character <3 Would love an RP with him sometime o3o <3
oh thank you that`s so nice of you to think sdfkls
Anytime! I`d love to see Mel in action :3 I prefer notes the most, but I do sometimes drop in the chats
but I`m too scared to ever ask for a rp there
oh<3 new app!